Monday, November 15, 2004

Chronic

After the week I just went through, including a diffuclt weekend, I want to go over this again so people understand that I'm not "better" yet.

chron·ic Pronunciation: 'krä-nik
1 a : marked by long duration or frequent recurrence : not acute b : suffering from a chronic disease 2 a : always present or encountered; especially : constantly vexing, weakening, or troubling b : being such habitually

I have people coming up to me each week asking how I'm doing and are surprised when they hear that I still have a lot of pain to deal with every day and night. Fibromyalgia is chronic, and there's no cure. That's the way it is. I wake-up every day and I do my best to make the most of what hand I'm dealt, no matter what other people believe about my health situation.

It's taking a lot of time, but I'm slowly getting better at not letting what other people think affect me and my day. I have a lifetime ahead of me to learn to get it right.

Thanks for listening.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home