Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Nabbed!

Early this afternoon, I was going through an intersection and was not wearing a seatbelt. The problem was that there were about 6 or 7 police officers standing there pulling drivers over for not wearing their seatbelts.

There was a sign that looked like a construction sign, but by the time you were close enough to read it, the officers could tell that you did or didn't have your belt on.

The good news is that I wasn't driving, I was out for a walk during my lunch break. It was an especially painful walk today because of some extra strong muscles spasms I've been dealing with the past few days. But, I have to force myself to get out there and exercise -- even if it's only a short 20 or 25 minute walk. It's supposed to help me, even though I'm still in a lot of pain.

But I digress...

I saw between 12 - 15 cars get pulled over, and they were processing them quickly so they could grab as many people as possible. Not sure what the fines were, but it didn't sound like they were giving warnings. Citations all the way.

So, for the sake of your life, not just because it's the law, BUCKLE-UP!

I never would've survived a fully-loaded, full-size 18-wheeler semi tractor trailer truck hitting me at 45 m.p.h. (in my little Saturn) unless I had my seatbelt on. I'm glad that I did.

If there are any mathematitions out there reading this that could calculate the force put upon my vehicle, and upon me, from those bits of information, that would be very helpful! You could probably safely say that the truck that hit me was carrying at least 70,000 pounds in its load.

Email me or comment if you need more bits of data for the calculations. Thanks!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home