Friday, May 27, 2005

What I'm Listening To These Days -- Jaci Velasquez

The new project from Jaci Velasquez is totally different from anything she's ever done. And I LOVE IT!! Think Indie-pop, and she spends a fair amount of time down in the lower ranges of her voice. The songs are catchy, creative, and I can't get enough of it!

Check out this review to get more insight.

Listen to the samples (HERE) from tracks 6, 7, and 8 in order to get an idea of what I'm saying in how different this is to anything else she's ever done. The clips don't capture the sections of those songs I'd like you to hear, but trust me.

Ms. Velasquez a quality person as well from my experiences with her. I've had the opportunity to talk and hang out with her a number of times, ever since she got into the music scene quite a few years ago.

The last time I talked with Jaci, it was at her home for a Apostrophe Records label event. She has a very nice place, but nothing over-the-top at all. I liked that she didn't pour all kinds of cash into a fancy house for the sake of living the successful musician's image thing. It was equal with the homes in the neighborhood. Her husband seems genuine and a lot of fun to hang out with, and she's as candid as anyone I've ever met. That wasn't the case only a few years ago, but I can see a level of new joy inside of her since her marriage began.

Good for her. She's one of the good ones out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home