Friday, September 02, 2005

Mr. New Orleans Mayor, I Have A Question...

If you can take just one moment to stop blasting the federal administration, that would give me enough time to ask this question.

Why weren't these buses mobilized to get the poorest people out of town during the mandatory evacuation?

I understand you have a lot to do, and that hindsight is 20/20. But, if you knew you dropped the ball and made mistakes, you should pipe down and quit shifting blame to everyone but you. You haven't taken responsibility for anything yet (not that I've heard at least). It's true that I'm glad I don't have your job, but listen, you DO have that job. Because you do have that job, act like a leader and quit whining. Forget about your ego and get things done. You called in the National Guard, so live with their decisions. I could go on, but I'd rather move on (no, not "dot org").

There will be time for political wrangling later on (got that all you democratic mayors and congress representatives). Don't be trying to turn this awful event into profit for your political party any more. Let's actually work together to help the people who need our help.

And if you insist on complaining, then begin with finding out what the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana did with all of the federal funds they received from Homeland Security for strengthing the levees and purchasing satellite phones for emergencies such as this. That should keep you busy and quiet for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home