Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Got A Problem With Our Society Celebrating "Christmas"?

My take on people's intolerance of even mentioning the word "Christmas" at school or at celebrations this time of year is pretty sad. People really don't reject celebrating Christmas deep down. Oh you disagree?

Have you ever heard of anyone refused their "Christmas Bonus" because they were offended, or even complaining about the fact that it bears, or used to bear, the name of the Christian holiday? Of course not.

Fact is, I've never heard of any atheist or agnostic refusing to use money that states, "In God We Trust" on it. They merely object to the things that take something away from people who celebrate the Christian faith.

It's an objection of convenience. It's a way to appear to have principles, but it shows thin skin. Who would willingly boast of their thin skin?

As a Christian, I'm not offended by other religions celebrating their holy or special days. Why would I be offended. They don't believe as I do, and vice versa, so why should they act or celebrate as I do?

We used to be a society that was proud of our melting pot of beliefs and backgrounds. That was until enough people wanted to remove Christianity from our society.

But you know what? This isn't a surprise to Christians who know their Bible. Christ said that He will be a stumbling block to many. I never expect everyone to act and live in the ways that I try to act and live. And, when someone attempts to, or does take something out of the public sector of society that bears a Christian meaning, my faith is still as strong as it was before it was taken away. I don't have to like it, but it also doesn't surprise me.

I don't want God's judgment to come on our country, so I don't sit back and let anyone do whatever they want. I'm not saying that.

Please, someone tell me why Christians are supposed to be tolerant and everyone else does not have to be. Here's the thing, certain people claim to be tolerant as if it were their badge of honor, but then they are intolerant toward the Christian faith.

I'm not impressed with the skin you're in if you're so soft in your beliefs that a celebration that has nothing to do with your belief system offends you. Think about that. Is that you?

If I'm wrong, write me and tell me where I'm wrong. Yes, there are Christians, and those who think they are Christians (but are not), who are also easily offended. I call them out as well. It's a sign of weakness, not of strength.

I'm not perfect, but I think I get this. This conversation seems like a no-brainer. We should be able to discuss our differences. I won't waste my time fighting with you, but I will take time to talk with you ... anytime.
==========================

I guess I just had to get that off my chest. This is just frustrating. I'm not a fan of the Red State/Blue State division of our country. Unless we can turn back into all being purple states in the next decade or two, we'll probably see a civil war break out. I believe that was the last time our country was divided into colored states. Do you see it coming too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home