Tuesday, November 14, 2006

She Commands $100,000/appearance?!

Okay, it's out there again (I had already head of this months ago). But most of us could care less ... and yes, this "us" includes me.

Paris Hilton commands $100,000 (this link goes to one woman's explaination of why Americans "Love" Paris Hilton) in order to appear at a bar or restaurant. Usually she is tagged to appear at a grand opening, but other times it's just another opportunity for a bar or restaurant to get nack into the papers. But is it worth this price for these eating and drinking establishments?

I suppose it depends on who you ask.

Personally, I can see that if $100,000 is the take for 3 or 4 nights of business, then yes, it would be worth getting it into the papers that yes, Paris does hang-out here from time-to-time. That'll keep the curious masses of clubbers coming to the bar, drinking their drinks, and running up large tabs as they stay all night in hopes of seeing the one famous for being famous.

That got me thinking about what I would "command." The word "command" seems like a misnomer in relation to my "appearances" at eating establishments. I'd take a discount on my and my wife's meals. That's good enough for me!

What would an appearance by you command? And why?
Leave a comment with your thoughts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

I say just pay for my gas and maybe a Diet Coke or 2. But then again, I'm just a regular dude. Actually, i used to play guitar for church retreats, and I would charge $100 to do it. So I guess $100 if singing is involved.

10:08 PM  
Blogger M. Joseph said...

Yeah, where's Paris' guitar?

You should definitely command a Benjamin is you've gotta involve the vox.

Good to see you again, Adam. I hope you are well. Enjoy your Turkey Day weekend, brother.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home